2021 Tax Changes for Charitable Giving
- The $300 above-the-line charitable deduction has been extended for single filers who do not itemize deductions.
- For 2021, the above-the-line charitable deduction is increased to $600 for married couples filing jointly who do not itemize tax deductions.
- For taxpayers who itemize and donate cash to qualified charities may deduct up to 100% of their adjusted gross income (AGI).
- As in 2020, these deductions apply only to qualified cash contributions and do not apply to cash gifts made to private foundations, donor-advised funds, gift accounts, or supporting organizations.
The CARES Act suspension of required minimum distribution (RMD) has not been extended into 2021. If you are 70 1/2 and older, you may take a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) to satisfy your RMD up to $100,000 per year. The OCD must be done as a direct transfer from the IRA to the charity to avoid paying income tax on the distribution.
Please check with your financial advisors on what strategy is best for your charitable giving.
Fund Advisor Portal
Our new portal is live! We are excited to offer this opportunity to our Fund Advisors, so you can closely interact with the fund(s) you advise.
Find out how to navigate our portal by clicking on the below link associated with the type of fund you advise.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Once your password is created, go to our homepage and login under “Donor Login” in the upper right-hand corner next to the “Donate” button.
- Check your spam/junk folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, it often goes there. If you still don’t see it, contact email@example.com and a new link will be sent directly to you.
- The custom URL from the auto-generated email can only be used to establish your password. To get to the login page after this, go to our website at commfoun.com and click on “Donor Login” on the homepage next to the green “Donate” button.
- Your username is your email address. If you have forgotten your password, click “Forgot Password” on the login page. Enter your username and click the “Reset Password” button. Instructions to reset your password will be sent to the email address for that account. If you’re still having trouble, please contact us and we can assist you.
- You can expect to see statements posted monthly to the portal. If you require a statement for a certain time frame, please contact us.
How to Request a Grant using the Donor Portal
Grant Recommendation Form
Making the Most of Tax Deductions by Bunching Gifts in Donor Advised Funds
Considering the Advantages of a Gift of Securities
Giving Gifts of Grain
Giving Now/Giving Later Chart
Gift Form to Send with My Check
Learning about IRA Gifts
Join our Legacy Society
General Gift Acceptance Policy
Real Estate Gift Acceptance Policy
Life Insurance Gift Acceptance Policy
Creating A New Charitable Fund